I am a brownie snob! I am. I CANNOT stand a dry brownie and although I have never been able to perfect a moist brownie myself, I always expect a moist, chewy, delicious brownie when I pay for one!
It is very rare that I am satisfied! HOWEVER….. I stumbled across this brownie recipe on a hilarious blog I follow (rockyandrubyblog) and was a bit sceptical when she titled her recipe ‘The Best Brownie Ever’ but, after attempting it myself I have discovered that she definitely was not lying and I will NEVER buy a brownie again! You HAVE to try this one and it is super easy too!!!
Happy Baking 🙂
100g dark chocolate, melted
100g butter, melted
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1/2 can caramelised condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius fan bake.
2. Combine chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan and melt over a gentle heat. Stir until smooth.
3. Sift cocoa, sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre and mix in eggs, butter and chocolate
5. Spoon mixture into a lined 20cm x 20cm cake pan. Dot the surface of the batter with caramel, gently pressing it into the batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until brownie feels firm on the surface.
7. Allow to cool before cutting into triangles or squares.
Tip: You could also use this recipe without the caramel and add berries instead or just plain chocolate brownie!