If you haven’t realised by now, I am all about easy, delicious baking. And this definitely falls in my skill level and is another crowd pleaser! Would be perfect wrapped up in cellophane for gifts or even for a morning/afternoon tea with the in-laws! I was given this recipe by an old work colleague and it is too good not to share!
1/2 packet wine biscuits
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
100 grams cooking chocolate
1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Put the wine biscuits in a food processor until biscuits are fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a large pot then take off the heat. Stir in the peanut butter until evenly mixed. Mix in the icing sugar and crumbs with your hands. Put mixture into a 20 x 30cm tin and ensure the top is smooth.
- Break cooking chocolate into squares & put it in a bain marie until the chocolate is melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, spread evenly over the base and put into refrigerator to set.
- When the chocolate is set, cut into little squares.
Store in refrigerator.